Michelin Tire Combo - Big Bike
Note: For the Michelin Dirt (non-DOT-approved) tires, the sizes are as follows:
- Conventional size 100/100-18 = Michelin size of 120/90-18.
- Conventional size 110/100-18 = Michelin size of 130/80-18.
- Conventional size 120/100-18 = Michelin size of 140/80-18.
- Conventional size 100/90-19 = Michelin size of 120/80-19.
- Conventional size 110/90-19 = Michelin size of 130/70-19.
- Conventional size 80/100-21 = Michelin size of 90/90-21.
Michelin Tire Combo includes ONE Front and ONE Rear Michelin tire with the following features:
Michelin AC-10: The multi-purpose Motocross and Enduro leisure tire for all terrains, featuring maximum longevity.
- Excellent traction on varied terrain; especially good on hard-packed trails.
- DOT-legal, with a rubber mixture formulated for long tread life.
- Resists tearing and chunking even under hard use.
- 90% off-road / 10% road use.
Michelin S12 XC:
Most versatile tire in the Michelin off-road range.
- Built for Soft / Intermediate terrain.
- Excels in a wide variety of conditions from soft mud to loose dirt.
- Rigid sidewalls for superb rider feedback.
- Exceptional traction on soft terrain, with tall, narrow knobs for penetration.
- Note: Not legal for highway use.
Michelin M12 XC:
Developed for mixed / dry conditions.
- Built for Intermediate / Hard terrain.
- Massive knobs resist tearing on hardpack.
- Designed for traction in loose dirt, for dependable traction and steering.
- Note: Not legal for highway use.
Michelin Starcross 5 Tire:
WHATEVER the Terrain...
Following an extensive three-year development and testing program, Michelin has launched the new StarCross 5 range of off-road / motocross tires that deliver high performance in a wide array of conditions. The new StarCross 5 line introduces Michelin's latest technologies for one of the most exciting and competitive two-wheel segments. The StarCross 5 was designed based on feedback from riders of all levels, from amateurs to world champions, often riding in extreme conditions, who shared their experiences in the field with Michelin Motorsports and Michelin's world-class research and development team. The Michelin StarCross 5 range breaks new ground for Michelin in the world of off-road / motocross tires. Available in four versions (Hard, Medium, Soft and Sand), Michelin StarCross 5 tires are designed to give high levels of performance across the broadest range of ground conditions and terrain found in off-road / motocross applications. The Michelin StarCross 5 range is available in a large number of sizes, including some key new sizes to cater to all off-road / motocross riders.
- The Michelin StarCross 5 is the latest Michelin off-road / motocross tire.
- Optimized Rear Tread Patterns:
- The central blocks of each front tire are designed specifically to enhance braking performance and cornering traction.
- The tread void on both the front and rear tires is adapted to the type of ground: the more the terrain is soft, the more the tread void is increased.
- Intermediate tread blocks on the Soft and Medium tires are positioned in staggered rows to minimize block gap zones. Such zones reduce traction and feel when changing lean angle.
- Self-Cleaning Tread:
- Design: Revolutionary fine horizontal tread lines help release soil.
- Result: Enhanced traction and reduced soil carry.
- Tread Block Architecture:
- Design: Aggressive, variable height tread blocks.
- Result: Increased grip on the front and rear tires straight-up or at full lean angle.
- Tire Casing (StarCross 5 vs. StarCross 3/4):
- 15% lighter (based on 100/90-19 StarCross 5 Sand; average is 10% reduction versus StarCross 3/4) without compromising strength or durability.
- Weight Savings Benefits:
- Reduction in unsprung mass on both front and rear tires for better wheel control.
- Reduction in rotational inertia improves acceleration and braking.
- Michelin Comfort Casing Technology (CCT):
- Switch from three (3) nylon to two (2) polyester plies.
- Significant optimization in tire construction which reduces tire rebound and augments motorcycle suspension to help reduce rider fatigue.
- Straight-up or at full lean, the new casing construction provides complete confidence without reducing lateral rigidity.
- Monster Scoops (Sand ONLY):
- Specially-designed tread with monster scoops to evacuate sand more efficiently.
- Mud-Phobic Bars (Soft ONLY):
- Maximize the tire cleaning capability on the StarCross 5 Soft rear tire to prevent mud and dirt from building up and reducing traction.
- Optimal Performance - Whatever The Terrain:
- The combination of Michelin's new tread patterns and new tire casing design offers maximum grip for braking, cornering traction and acceleration.
- The new Michelin StarCross 5 was designed from the ground up to establish Michelin as a technological leader in the off-road / motocross segment - tread patterns, casing design / weight savings, and an extensive size offering.
Compared to its predecessors (Michelin StarCross 3/4), the Michelin StarCross 5 line is based on a new casing design that delivers several significant performance improvements. The new casing design incorporates stronger, higher density materials that reduce weight up to 15 percent (based on 100/90-19 StarCross 5 Sand, average is 10% reduction versus StarCross 3/4) without compromising strength or durability. The casing construction also features Michelin's all-new Comfort Casing Technology (CCT), which provides exceptional shock absorption that reduces rider fatigue. Lastly, the new casing design has been engineered to optimize the size of the tire's contact patch. Combined with aggressive front and rear tread patterns, specially designed for each tire in the range, this construction offers maximum levels of grip for precise steering and traction, even in the most difficult conditions.
Tread designs for the StarCross 5 range of tires improve performance across a multitude of applications. The intermediate and side tread blocks ensure good steering response from the front tire and traction from the rear. The central blocks are designed specifically to enhance braking performance and traction on all types of riding surfaces. Integrating Michelin innovations shared across tires for agriculture and off-road truck racing, the Michelin StarCross 5 line sports a self-cleaning tread design to help release soil from the tire. The design includes revolutionary fine horizontal tread lines to release soil and enhance traction in a range of different soil conditions.
The Michelin StarCross 5 Sand rear tire features a specially designed tread with monster scoops, which work to evacuate sand more efficiently.
Additionally, the Michelin StarCross 5 Soft rear tire features "Mud-Phobic Bars," which also enhance tire cleaning to prevent soil from building up and reducing traction.
|Product Name||Michelin Tire Combo - Big Bike|